Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today is a new day

Today, is the day after Ethan's birthday. I did much better than I expected. Mama, Emily Kate and I went to the cemetary to leave some things for Ethan. I knelt down at his headstone and wept. I looked up to Heaven and prayed to God the Father and Christ for strength and comfort. Not just for me, but for my entire family and anyone who loves and knows Brad and I. Sometimes I get so caught up in the idea that this only happened to me that I forget about the others who lost a grandchild, a great-grandchild, a nephew, or just anyone who hurt for Brad and I. We each experienced different levels of grief, but we shared the one common cause-Ethan-a baby. No one ever expects a baby to die. I guess the person I have most forgotten about is Brad. I get so caught up in my own grief I forget that he lost his son also. So, yesterday, at Ethan's grave I prayed for God to help me comfort Brad as much as he has comforted me this year. The Lord created this man for me. I am eternally greatful to Him for sending this amazing person.
My heart is still broken but through Christ, each day gets a little easier. The Lord has given me so many blessings. I am so thankful for everything in my life. The good and the bad. And now, he has blessed me with another new life. Each day I feel our little Allee-Beth move, I am praise Him and all his small miracles. Sometimes the smallest miracles make the biggest impact on someone. Just look at all I have learned from a tiny baby that only weighed 1lb. 2oz. Look at everything the entire world learned from one tiny baby born in a manger in Bethlehem.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad yesterday went well for you guys. I was thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete